Leads engineering operations teams within a Lean Sigma organization. Develops operating plans. Partners with Consumer Laboratory, Consumer Engineering Management and other businesses to achieve corporate objectives and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manages projects that result in the overall improvement of business processes and efficiency. Promotes a Lean learning environment. Identifies supports and integrates Lean Sigma continuous improvement opportunities into all aspects of the job and throughout the organization. Leads employees to openly suggest, promote and embrace change.
- Analyzes the cost analysis of projects and maintains costs within approved project budgets. Implements and executes capacity and capability strategies. Assists Industry Lead in the development of capacity and capability strategies by sharing operational, customer and market intelligence. Fosters workflow in area of direct influence, regionally and globally. Manages costs in accordance with assigned budget.
- Partners with business leaders to understand and identify factors that optimize the business. Identifies and recommendations areas to focus resources and initiatives for process improvement projects.
- Influences and collaborates with senior leaders to drive global change through the application of analytical thinking and methods.
- Collaborates and builds trust within the organization and with customers to meet or exceed their expectations. Develops strong, flexible cross-functional networks and global relationships to promote becoming the fastest, highest quality and most customer-friendly organization. Coaches and mentors staff to do the same.
- Develops a competent team by overseeing the selection, development and training of team members. Maintains an awareness of employee morale and institutes appropriate employee-relations activities. Maintains an employee/team contingency and succession plan.
- Manages the performance of team members. Defines accountabilities. Establishes performance objectives. Establishes employee/team performance measures and goals in support of the global vision. Provides career counseling, feedback and guidance. Ensures understanding of and compliance with all established policies and requirements. May be required to travel and manage remote staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of eight years of related experience in project management or testing, inspection and certification industry;
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects, with good organizing ability to prioritize projects concurrently;
- Ability to think quickly and make sound decisions based on facts and prior experiences;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with fluency in Mandarin and English;
- Strong people management and problem solving skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.